A short introduction
to the nomination
Click the links on the right to
fill in a nomination form
The subject for the 2019 prize is Food Security
The prize is to be awarded to individuals or institutions who through their research projects or initiatives have made signiﬁcant advancement within one or more of the following areas:
- Developing new varieties of seeds, crops or livestock which can improve the food security of the poor population in Africa by increasing the caloriﬁc and nutritional value of food produced and consumed domestically.
- Improving farmers’ access to agricultural inputs, techniques, technologies and markets so as to increase the availability of staple products which form a core part of the diet of the poorest people in Africa.
- Improving farmers’ resilience to climate change and extreme weather conditions.
- Improving marketing and adopting modern business strategies.
- Addressing issues relevant to gender equity in the field of the Prize.
Food Security Nomination