Call for nominations are now open
Click the links on the right to
fill in a nomination form
Call for nominations for the 2022 prize in food security are open.
The prize is to be awarded to individuals or institutions who, through their research projects or initiatives, have made significant advancement within the following areas:
- Developing new varieties of seeds, crops or livestock which can improve the food security and nutrition in Africa.
- Increasing the shelflife, calorific and nutritional value of food produced and consumed domestically.
- Improving smallholder farmers’ access to agricultural inputs, techniques, technologies and markets to increase the availability of nutritious products, which are highly needed to improve the diet of the most vulnerable people living and making their livelihoods from the most marginal areas in Africa.
- Improving farmers’ resilience to climate change and extreme weather variability to ensure sustainable livelihoods, food security and nutrition.
- Reducing significantly the food waste and food loss in the African continent agrifood systems.
- Developing new alternative agrifood systems, increasing both productivity while reducing the water foorprint, particularly in the marginal environments of the continent.
- Improving marketing, digititalization and adoption of modern business strategies in the field of food security and nutrition.
- Providing innovative and sustainable solutions in combating food insecurity and malnutrition in the African continent.
- Addressing issues relevant to gender equality and women emplowerment in Africa in achieving food security and nutrition.
- Developing innovative projects and/or programs to improve agricultural livelihoods, food security, and nutrition during pandemics.
Food Security Nomination