A short introduction
to the nomination
Click the links on the right to
fill in a nomination form
Nominations for the 2021 prize in Health are now open.
The Prize is to be awarded to individuals or institutions who through their research projects or initiatives have made signiﬁcant advancement within one or more of the following areas (or other related fields):
- Combating diseases prevalent in Africa, with a special focus in 2021 cycle on the utilization of effective frameworks and programs to resolve and manage health crises such as SARS, COVID-19, and infectious zoonotic diseases.
- Provision of medical staff for the national health care systems (physicians, paramedics and nursing), medicine, pharmaceutical, and medical
- National capacity building, in medical research, national medical education and medical staff.
- Upgrading and maintenance of national medical facilities.
- Developing national health policies and successful implementation of the outcomes.
The prize is to be awarded to individuals or institutions who through their research projects or initiatives have made significant advancement within the field of Health that produced seminal impact and tangible results on the public health care system, especially for the underprivileged. The Prize has a value of $1,000,000 (one million US Dollars). The cash sum is awarded along with a gold medal, shield and certificate of recognition.